NOVARS Research Centre for Electroacoustic Composition, Performance and Sound Art, University of Manchester, UK
Deadline: January 15, 2010 (receipt)
MANTIS (Manchester Theatre in Sound) is seeking audio-visual work for MANTIS SCREENING, a viewing/listening space as part of the larger MANTIS Festival at the University of Manchester's Cosmo Rodewald Concert Hall [February 20 - 21 2010].
We are calling for fixed media audio-visual work, with a maximum duration of 15 minutes.
Audio of the work may be stereo or 5.1-channels.
Only one work per composer will be considered. Work must have been composed after 2004.
All submissions must consist of the following:
1. DATA-DVD of the work to be considered (video files should conform to Quicktime: DV PAL or H.264 formats, .avi, .mov). Please send 5.1 audio as separate uncompressed sound files (interleaved or de-interleaved). We will need to copy selected works on to computer hard-drive for playback, so please do not submit DVD-Video discs.
2. Programme note (please include duration and year of creation)
3. Composer biography (updated)
4. Contact information: email and telephone.
5. Technical specifications (including number of channels, sample rate, bit-depth, multi-channel loudspeaker mappings, as necessary)
(Please include 2 - 5 on the DATA-DVD, as well as paper copy)
All requested information must be provided in order for the work to be considered.
Only submissions received by January 15 2010 will be considered for MANTIS 2010. Selected composers will be notified by 31th of January at the latest.
Works will be selected by a programming committee comprised of postgraduate students and staff at the NOVARS Research Centre.
Send hard-copy materials to:
MANTIS FESTIVAL – 2010
NOVARS Research Centre
Music - Martin Harris Centre
The University of Manchester
Coupland Street, Manchester
M13 9PL UNITED KINGDOM
WHAT IF I WANT MY MATERIALS BACK?
Unless the contrary is specified, we will archive all submitted works in our MANTIS catalogue (which will be accessible to students and researchers within the NOVARS centre at the University of Manchester). In order to receive materials back please forward to us a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage attached.
WHAT IF I CANNOT ATTEND THE FESTIVAL?
While we encourage composers/artists selected for inclusion to attend, it is not a requirement for consideration in programming. We regret that we are unable to provide funds to cover costs for transport and/or accommodation.
For more information about MANTIS and NOVARS Research Centre please visit:
TO WHOM SHOULD I ADDRESS MY QUESTIONS?
David Berezan - Mantis Festival Director
Ricardo Climent - MANTIS Festival coordinator
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF
MANCHESTER AND THE CITY OF MANCHESTER (UK)?
University of Manchester: www.manchester.ac.uk/
City of Manchester: www.manchester.gov.uk/